-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GCS/M/S/E/G/O d-(--) s+: a+ C++++ U+++++$ UL++++ UB++++(+++) UI+++(++) US++ UV+ P+++@ L++++ E-@ W+++ N-(+++++) !o !K w---(----) O- M++ V-- PS++ PE-() Y++ PGP++@ !t !5 !X R !tv b++ DI++++ D+ G++ e++ h+ r z? -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Types of GeeksGCS/M/S/E/G/O
- Geek of Computer Science
- Geek of Math
- Geek of Science (Physics, Astronomy, ...)
- Geek of Engineering
- Geek of Government
- Geek of Other Some types of geeks deviate from the normal geek activities.
Appearanced-(--) s+: a+
- I'm usually in jeans and a t-shirt to My t-shirts go a step further and have a trendy political message on them
- I'm a little taller than most / I'm an average geek size
- age 40-49
ComputersC++++ U+++++$ UL+++(++++) UB++++(+++) UI+++(++) US++ UV+ P+++@ L+++(++++) E-@ W+++ N-(+++++) !o !K w---(----) O- M++ V--
- I'll be first in line to get the new cybernetic interface installed into my skull.
- I truly grok Unix in a major way and I wrote parts of it. I get paid for it.
- I truly grok Linux.
- I truly grok BSD to but less so since the days of 4.4BSD.
- I know IRIX to but less so since I stopped working for SGI a few years ago.
- I do Sun OS/Solaris too
- Perl is a very powerful programming tool however because of U+++++, I also write shell scripts where reasonable.
- I am a Linux wizard.
- I know what Emacs is however Emacs sometimes is too big and bloated for my tastes.
- I am a Webmaster.
- News is a waste of my time and I avoid it completely to I wrote parts of INN, helped rename newsgroups from net.* into todays system, was a member of the Usenet Backbone, helped in its creation way back in the early 80's.
- I refuse to participate as a Usenet Oracle (due to the N-).
- I refuse to participate in Kibo.
- Windows has set back the computing industry by at least 10 years to I own the microsoftsucks.info domain (but I have not populated it yet).
- OS/2: Tried it, didn't like it.
- A Mac has it's uses and I use it quite often. My desktop of choice is an OS X box.
- I would rather smash my head repeatedly into a brick wall than suffer the agony of working with VMS. It's reminiscent of a dead and decaying pile of moose droppings. Unix rules the universe.
PoliticalPS++ PE-() Y++ PGP++@
- I give to liberal causes. I'm a card carrying member of the ACLU.
- It's OK to increase government spending for a good reason, in moderation.
- I am very concerned about privacy issues.
- I use PGP regularly however PGP's security is poor and I refuse to use recent versions because they are even worse.
Entertainment!t !5 !X R !tv b++ DI++++ D+
- I refuse to participate in Star Trek.
- I refuse to participate in Babylon 5.
- I refuse to participate in X-Files.
- I've Role-Played before.
- I do not own a television.
- I find the time to get through at least one new book a month.
- I've received mail from Scott Adams. I am in the DNRC (Dogbert's New Ruling Class).
- It's a fun, action game that is a nice diversion on a lazy afternoon.
The Geek CodeG++
- I know what each letter means, but sometimes have to look up the specifics.
Lifestylee++ h+ r z?
- I have a Bachelors degree
- I am living in a home with an Internet feed.
- I date periodically.
- It's none of your business what my seⅹ life is like.
For more information see The Code of Geeks.
Landon Curt Noll
chongo <was here> /\oo/\