Original multisort code
I started with
version 1.1 code which is available several places:
I recommend that you apply chongo's
v1.1.3 rollup patch to the original multisort version 1.1 code.
The multisort v1.1.3 rollup patch fixes a number of issues
related to multisort v1.1:
- Fixed a bug where 01/Feb/2001:03:26:15
was incorrectly sorted before 31/Jan/2001:23:25:08
- Fixed bugs related to very old dates and dates far in the future
- Fixed bugs related to processing empty input files
- Correctly distinguishes between file EOF and read errors
- Allows multisort to just process a single file
- Added slightly better sanity checks on timestamp string formats
- Fixed a bug where multisort could hang on an I/O error
- Correctly computes POSIX Seconds since the Epoch values
with full leapyear rules
- Speedup as per
- Added -m maxage which will output only
lines ≤ maxage seconds old instead of all lines
- Updated the usage message
- Compile with LFS support to be able to process log files >2GB
multisort v1.1.3 source
You can also obtain the already patched
source code as well a
I use to compile it.
This patch is being distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The rollup patch distributed under GNU General Public License.
Use this patch at your own risk.
While I wrote this patch to fix bugs,
to add the -m maxage feature,
to not require multiple file args,
to fold in
Demiddelaer's performance patch,
etc. ... I did not write multisort itself.
To distinguish his multisort version 1.1 from my patched multisort,
I call my patched multisort version 1.1.3.
My multisort rollup v1.1.3 patch is obviously unofficial.
Landon Curt Noll
chongo (was here)
$Revision: 8.1 $ $Date: 2022/07/08 08:43:58 $